Whether you’re a learner, an experienced driver or a driving instructor, this book is packed full of expert advice that will help you stay safe on our roads.
Updated and redesigned for 2015, this is THE industry-standard driving manual. It is focussed on you, the driver, and explains how to get the most enjoyment from your driving with the correct attitude, behaviour and skills.
- For your driving life – packed with loads of useful advice to help you stay safe on the roads; ideal for refreshing your knowledge before and after your test
- Pass your theory test – key source material for car and driving instructor theory tests. Study this text for complete test preparation
- Sharpen your driving skills – information on essential driving techniques including overtaking safely, defensive driving and manoeuvring; so you can be confident in any situation
- In all conditions – expert advice on driving safely and confidently at night, in adverse weather conditions, on motorways and through roadworks
- New features – updated information on vehicle maintenance and security, ecosafe and economical driving, details on the independent driving part of the practical test and smart motorways. This new edition includes even more information about you. Learn how to get the most enjoyment from your driving with the correct skills, attitude and behaviour.
- Improve your driving skills – includes essential driving techniques, manoeuvres, overtaking and defensive driving, plus advice on driving on motorways, driving at dusk, at night and in all weather conditions including fog, snow and ice
- Be confident in any situation – includes advice on what to do in an incident or emergency, emergency diversion routes, travelling through roadworks, and what to do if you break down
- Pass your theory test – this is a key source material for car and driving instructor theory tests (alongside The Official Highway Code and Know Your Traffic Signs) – study this material to prepare fully for your test. The official theory test preparation materials are referenced throughout.
- Save money and the environment – learn about ecosafe driving and how you can make your fuel go further
- Practical test advice – includes details on independent driving and car maintenance essentials which are required for the ‘show me, tell me’ part of the test.
Written by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency, the people who set the driving tests.
|Publication date:||11 Dec 2014|