Whether you’re a learner, an experienced driver or a driving instructor, The Official DVSA Guide to Driving – the essential skills is packed full of advice that will help you stay safe on our roads.
This comprehensive guide is THE industry standard driving manual. Learn how to get the most enjoyment from your driving with the correct skills, attitude and behaviour.
- Sharpen your driving skills – information on essential driving techniques, including overtaking safely, using limit points, defensive driving and manoeuvring
- In all conditions—expert advice on driving safely and confidently at night, in bad weather conditions, on motorways and through roadworks
- Pass your theory test—this book is a key source material for the car and driving instructor theory tests
- Highway Code – fully updated to align with the updates to the Official Highway Code
- For your driving life – hints and tips for a lifetime of safe driving, ideal for refreshing your knowledge before and after your test
- Advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) - These cover many technological features in motor vehicles and include cruise control, advanced emergency braking system/forward-collision warning, traffic sign recognition, driver-drowsiness detection, lane-departure warning/lane-keep assist amongst others
These reviews are from verified purchasers
My driving instructor recommended this book to me and let me tell you it literally has everything a learner like me appreciated to read! Really helped me in my lessons and is amazing with diagrams and doesn't overload with useless info and sticks to the important bits!
Everyone should have this book!
This is the bible driving instructors teach, always handy to have to brush up on techniques and safety
Personally I feel if everyone owned a copy of this, the roads wouldn’t be as dangerous as they are
Was recommended for my driving licence theory test but it covers so much more.
Up to date and has many valuable features and information for any driver.