Introduction from Mark Winn
Mark is DVSA’s Chief Driving Examiner and Head of Rider and Vocational Policy. He’s also the registrar for motorcycle trainers and delegated driving examiners.
Mark is responsible for the technical development, standard and quality of driving and riding tests. He develops changes in policy and products. He’s also responsible for standards, new initiatives and projects relating to rider and vocational training and testing.
- the project’s background
- the difference that Ridefree can make to the learner and the trainer’s experiences.
Introduction from Dr Julie Gandolfi
Julie is a chartered psychologist, with undergraduate and Master’s degrees in psychology. Her PhD from Cranfield University focused on psychometric assessment of police driver risk.
In 2007, Julie founded a specialist consultancy, which incorporates psychological theory and research into:
- the development and evaluation of road safety initiatives
- attitudinal and behavioural driver assessment and training.
- the structure of the Ridefree enhanced CBT
- the five pre-course eLearning modules
- where the enhanced trainer-delivered content fits into the standard CBT syllabus.