Ridefree is the award-winning enhanced compulsory basic training (CBT). Its aim is to help you prepare for your CBT and riding on the road.
CBT should be an enjoyable experience. But there’s a lot to learn, and it’s normal to feel anxious about your first bike ride. The good news is that Ridefree will help you become a better and more confident rider by:
- increasing your knowledge of riding skills and behaviour
- giving you more time to focus on learning the practical skills
- linking the eLearning to the practical skills.
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) and Highways England developed Ridefree – a combination of eLearning pre-course modules and an enhanced version of the CBT syllabus. It’s based on evidence and tailored to the experiences of real learners and real trainers.
You should complete the five pre-course eLearning modules before doing the practical CBT session. They are:
- Module 1 – The Highway Code and hazard perception
- Module 2 – Motorcycle clothing, equipment and maintenance
- Module 3 – The link between rider behaviour and rider safety
- Module 4A – Risk-increasing factors (part 1)
- Module 4B – Risk-increasing factors (part 2)
- Module 5 – The impact of being involved in an incident, and becoming an experienced rider.
When you’ve successfully completed all five modules, you’ll receive your Ridefree certificate.
Enjoy your Ridefree training!