This Official DVSA guide is full of expert advice designed to keep LGV drivers safe on the roads.
The new edition for 2016 contains sections on Driver CPC and the National Standard for Driving Lorries, as well as essential guidance on practical driving skills and the latest regulations.
- Background information - understanding your vehicle, types of loads and how to secure them, health and safety and manual handling techniques
- Getting your licence - includes a revised section on the LGV driving test
- National Standards - information on the National Standard for Driving Lorries. The National Standard forms the basis of the tests - both theory and practical - for every category of vehicle
- Essential advice - key driving skills and techniques for different vehicles and conditions to keep you and your load safe
- Driver CPC - the information you need for your CPC tests.
- Your responsibility - learn how to stay safe and drive competently. Features EC and UK legal requirements, as well as working time and tachograph regulations
- Practical driving skills - including driving at night, motorway driving, all-weather driving, ecosafe driving, avoiding and dealing with congestion and breakdowns
- Preparing for your test - applying for your theory and practical tests and what to expect on the day, including full details of the practical test requirements
- Staying safe - how to avoid incidents and ensure you are fit to drive, plus first aid tips
- Extra information - including vehicle security, international travel and a glossary of useful terms
|Publication date:||13 Jun 2016|