Driving abnormal loads and driving abroad

Abnormal loads

If you’re transporting a very large load, you’ll need to tell the authorities before the load begins its journey. See GOV.UK for the definition of an abnormal load.

Find out how to plan your route and tell the authorities about an abnormal load.

Driving abroad

If you’re taking a goods vehicle abroad, you’ll need a valid passport and other documents depending on where you’re driving. See the guide to taking a goods vehicle abroad on GOV.UK.

Back to top