As an approved driving instructor (ADI), you can use the services on GOV.UK to help manage your licence and to book your pupils’ tests on their behalf.
Managing your ADI registration
You’re responsible for keeping your registration up to date when any of your details change, and for renewing it every 4 years.
Use these links to update your registration online.
- Manage your ADI registration on GOV.UK.
- Renew your ADI registration on GOV.UK.
- If you have a European Community driving instructor registration, you can transfer it to Great Britain.
- Update your personal details on your ADI registration.
- Register as a Pass Plus instructor, order resources and track pupils’ certificates.
The ADI registrar can suspend your registration if they think you pose a significant threat to public safety. If you’re suspended, you cannot be paid for giving driving lessons.
You can appeal against the decision of the ADI registrar if you disagree with it. See GOV.UK for more information about making an appeal.
Managing your pupils’ tests
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) provides an online business service through which you can book multiple tests, manage your availability for tests and view records of your business transactions.
You can register as a trainer or a business (GOV.UK) to allow you to book theory and practical tests for pupils online.
When you’ve registered you can