There are lots of good reasons for planning your journey.
- Your journey will be less stressful if you know exactly how to get to your destination.
- You can avoid getting stuck in roadworks and congestion.
- Planning an alternative route will help you if there’s a problem on your original route.
- It’ll make your journey more efficient so you’ll save time and fuel.
Avoiding a rushed and fraught journey will also make it safer because you’re less likely to make a mistake or get distracted, which could lead to an incident.
Many tools are available to help you plan your journey. These include
- road maps and atlases
- satellite navigation systems
- online journey planners
- websites providing information about congestion and roadworks
- the GOV.UK journey planner, which lets you plan your journey by public transport or car using postcodes, places, addresses or major attractions.