As a vehicle operator, it’s your responsibility to maintain your vehicles. Not only will this help avoid breakdowns, it will also reduce emissions that damage the environment.
Make sure you
- service all your vehicles regularly
- inflate your tyres correctly: under-inflated tyres can increase fuel consumption by up to 3 per cent
- remove roof bars and other items when you don’t need them
- monitor fuel consumption to help detect problems early
- check the exhaust system is in good working order.